Hey there dear readers!
This blog post comes one day late but since we have a public holiday in Germany today, it was more convenient to write this post today. We also didn’t have much time yesterday because we went to the Vegan Street Day in Stuttgart! We ate sooo much delicious vegan food, there really is a plantbased version of every animal food out there! 🙂
Ken cooked such a yummy dinner tonight & decided he wants to share the recipe – hope y’all like it as much as we did! A red lentil curry with quinoa. A perfect idea for dinner especially if you want to have a delicious way to eat a high amount of plant protein!
Red lentil curry with quinoa
- 150 g red lentils
- 200 g Quinoa
- 250 g frozen spinach
- 1 onion
- 2 gloves garlic
- 1 bell pepper
- 1/2 eggplant
- 1 can coconut milk
- 500 ml water
- 1 tbsp vegetable stock
- 2-3 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Wash the quinoa in a fine colander and cook it with the double the amount of water. Let it cook for 15 minutes. Add a little bit of salt.
- You can cut the onion and the garlic while the quinoa is cooking. If you’re also cooking without oil, just add a little bit of water in the pan when you’re roasting the onions.
- When they’re translucent add the lentils, the frozen spinach, 500ml of vegetable stock and garlic. Close the pan with a lid and let it simmer. While it’s cooking, cut the eggplant and the bell pepper.
- When the vegetables are ready and the lentils are already cooking for a few minutes, add the veggies into the pan.
- Also add the coconut milk and add the spices you'd like to have for your curry. Since I love the taste of garlic, I added an extra portion of garlic powder. You also don’t want to miss a good amount of curry powder and/or curry paste in the meal.
- If everything cooked for a short while and the lentils are soft, you can make a taste test and add more spices as you desire.
If you have any suggestions on how to improve the recipes on we stray and stay, please feel free to write it in the comments below! It would also be amazing if you’d send us a photo of your creations!
In two weeks we’ll probably be back with a travel-post about our short trip to Bavaria!
Anouk & Ken