Hey dear readers!
In Germany we had the first beautiful sunny days in 2018 this week. We spent them together in Tuebingen, the city where Anouk lives. Did you have some nice sunny days this year already?
Since I felt some nice summer vibes I decided to make some cupcakes with a berry frosting. Berries are typical summer fruits for us so that fitted quite well. The muffins turned out really amazing and if you’re not in the mood for such a heavy frosting you can simply add some fruits or chocolate into the muffin dough.
Cupcakes mit Beerenfrosting
- 125 g vegan margarine
- 100 g Sugar
- 8 g vanilla sugar
- 4 tbsp soy flower
- 6 tbsp water
- 250 g spelt flour
- 10 g baking powder
- 100 ml soy milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Kiwi just to make it a bit more juicy. You can replace it with any fruit you want!
- 200 g vegan margarine
- 270 g powdered sugar
- 50 g melted and pureed frozen berries
- Take a bowl and mix margarine, sugar, vanilla sugar and the soy egg.
- Add flour and baking powder. Mix it firmly with your hands.
- Preheat the oven on 200 degrees.
- Add soy milk and mix everything.
- In a final step add baking soda, the vinegar and the sliced kiwi. After you mixed it one last time the mixture is ready for the muffin tray.
- Fill the tray to 2/3 full with dough and bake the muffins around 20 minutes until they are golden and they pass the tooth pick test.
- The muffins need to be cooled down to add the frosting.
- To make the frosting the margarine needs to have room temperature. Just mix the margarine and the sugar together with the pureed berries.
I would appreciate some feedback for this recipe! If you have any hints for improving the recipe I would love to hear them.
Anouk & Ken