After I moved into my new shared flat I wasn’t able to develop new recipes or do a lot of food photography because I was too busy with moving in, decorating and organizing everything. Now since a bit of time passed I am better organized and I find the time again! Therefore we come back with a new recipe this week!
Oven baked nachos! You can eat it as a dinner, take it with you for lunch or have it for a relaxed movie evening!
- 150 g Nachos
- 100 g pea mince e.g. miigan PEA PROTEX pea mince
- 50 g vegan cheese
- 150 ml water
- 2 spring onions
- 2 small red onions
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 can of chili beans or kidney beans
- 1 can of mashed tomatoes
- 1 green chili
- 0.5 yellow chili
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp vegetable broth
- Salt pepper
- Heat the water and add vegetable stock. When it boils, turn off the heat and add the pea mince. Let it swell for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the various onions and garlic.
- Heat a pan with a little bit oil and fry the red & yellow onions until they are glassy.
- Add the garlic and the swollen pea mince.
- Incubate for a few minutes until the pea mince gets a bit crunchy.
- Add the mashed tomatoes and chili beans.
- Refine the mix with soy sauce, tomato paste & salt and pepper.
- Let it simmer briefly and distribute the Nachos on a baking sheet.
- Now spread the mass onto the nachos. Sprinkle the cheese over it.
- Bake the nachos for about 15 minutes at 200 degrees until the cheese has melted.
- When the cheese has melted, remove the sheet from the oven and spread the dish, which has since become one large nacho, on the plate. Sprinkle the sliced spring onions and chilies over it.
- Enjoy it!
I am curious about your opinion on this! As well it would be interesting what your favorite food for a cozy TV evening is?
Next week we’ll be back with a post about our travels in Cambodia.
Anouk & Ken