It happened a lot again this week! We had a friend from Germany visiting us and Anouk & I visited the holiday park “Gröna Lund” today. It was a beautiful day and it was also the last chance during our stay in Stockholm to visit the park. The reason for that is the winter break. The park is not the only reason why you definitely feel that winter is coming. Since the time change it’s already dark at 4 pm and it gets also colder each day. We are so excited how it will continue.
But now lets talk about the main topic in this post. This week we have something special for you: An apple pancake recipe! This is our first recipe ever on this blog. The recipe was also published on a vegan food and lifestyle magazine called “Thrive” in the US.
I think pancakes are a pretty basic dish for breakfast but so popular! If you were searching for a good and quick recipe your search is over now. We made this already a lot of times and still can’t get enough of it.
- 1 cup spelt flour you can also use other flour
- 1 cup plant based milk
- 1,5 apples
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp agave syrup or the syrup you desire
- Mix flour, baking powder vanilla sugar and cinnamon in a bowl together.
- Cut the apples in half. Slice one half in small pieces and grasp the other apple fine.
- Add it to the bowl and mix it again.
- Now add the cup of plant based milk, the syrup and mix everything.
- Take one tbsp of dough and put it in the middle of a pre heated non sticky pan. Add another tbsp full in the middle of the pancake.
- Let the pancake fry until the edge is done and flip it.
- Top it with the other apple half, soy yogurt, berries or whatever you desire.
- Enjoy the food!
We would love to hear your feedback and see some recreations! If you post on Instagram you could use the hashtag #westrayandstaymeals so we can see it!
All the best & see you soon,
Anouk & Ken